Ad Code

Responsive Advertisement

 

I learnt a lot last night dressed as my stand-up character 'SuperSow- The Ultimate Chauvinist Pig'. 

It was great fun because I could do and say almost anything. There was a broad range of reactions but what astounded me most were the countless instances of people, with a measured level of sincerity in their voices, assuring me of how beautiful I looked; as though I was the real deal despite the two dollar wig, and my entire nose painted red with lipstick. 
The 'empathy' was syrupy. The will to embrace the weird and discombobulated was most intense (and sweet) in the faces of the most ordinary of mature females. 




Obviously plenty of people got the joke so I had maybe fifty people or groups of people, usually young ladies, do selfies with me. 
Since the rallying cry of "The personal is political" made EVERYTHING political, life has become far more complicated, but on a slightly deeper level everything is actually and obviously when you think about it for a few seconds, psychological. Sure, most actions these days have a political dimension based on a conscious or unconsciously absorbed political platform but below that are the deeper psychological reasons for having purposefully or unwittingly taken on that political perspective. And that was what I was seeing in reaction to my ridiculous outfit. 
So many people were confused and compliance came with the confusion. "I am confused so I'll react according to my conditioning (no matter how recently implanted it was)" they seemed to be muttering in their own minds. 
Because basic values and the individual ability to form opinions without reference to the new parameters has rendered the general population so vulnerable it was a perfect example of how unimportant is the body of the snake. The venomous snake. Most people fear snakes but it is only the head of the snake that will bite you so why fear the entire snake? 
Silly question obviously but only a physical representation of ideology, of the political organisations that dominate our lives these days; jihadis for example. "Most Muslims are peaceful people" or "most women don't hate men" etc is often heard but the "most people" don't count any more than the snakes scaled body counts. It is essential for locomotion but almost irrelevant compared to the head where the fangs and poison are concealed, where the brain that controls the entire organism is housed. A small number of obsessively politically people control the body politic by skilful use of propaganda and that was what I was witnessing last night. The weird, the perverse, the ugly and dysfunctional have been promoted for decades while the honest and decent and beautiful and rational has been disparaged. Intending to create what kind of future??
Hey, it was only a bit of fun perpetrated by a man trapped in a man's body but I couldn't help noticing the aspects mentioned. Happy New Year, and don't be embarrassed to stick up for normality; there is such a thing.

Post a Comment

0 Comments

Ad Code

Responsive Advertisement