"Good morning." I naively said but she just looked at me as though I was something she needed to scrape off her shoe.
With my morning buzz fizzled I headed over to the university library to read the daily newspapers which usually arrive at 8 o'clock. Walking to the entrance I was confronted by a sandwich board displaying three posters promoting the idea that women and gay guys are the victims of non-gay men and it annoyed me.
It annoyed me because I have gradually come to know that this university is a hostile place for someone like me; a middle-aged heterosexual 'white' male. And the university has policies and a programme that creates that hostile atmosphere.
When I became a student at USC I was quite excited and concentrated on doing my best work, until about three lectures into the compulsory COR109 subject, Communication and Thought, the lecturer told the male students that "they all must accept responsibility for the culture of violence against women in Australia."
To me that was an objectionable statement. Accusing all of the male students of being criminals of the worst kind; women bashers, was obviously untrue and immoral so I sent the lecturer an email saying so. He didn't reply, except to fail me 34%. I'd never failed a course before.
Since then everything has changed and now 'the university' has become my enemy. Firstly, I failed that course, then the Head of the Department refused to even entertain the idea that I'd been failed as punishment for my impertinence. Since then the plot has become far thicker. As well as discovering staff checking out my social media a student told me he had been called in to the Head of Department's office after he sent an email asking Nash about his statement. He wouldn't tell me what was discussed.
I don't mind criticism when it is up-front but I find people working away behind my back quite creepy. The student newspaper was closed down after a I wrote an article about truth. It still hasn't re-appeared and when I've made enquiries I'm told "No information is available." This university, if a definition was attempted, could be described as being fascist, if as I do, fascism is defined as as situation where power is the only criteria for action. The feminist mafia who run the place really are a law unto themselves. They indoctrinate the students with their political agenda and anyone who resists is shut down.
Here is an example of what occurs on this campus.
Later on the same day mentioned I was at the base of the library stairs. A large young man was standing near me mumbling out loud to himself. I recognised him as a student who had done the same Intro to Australian Politics course that I had failed. A TTP teacher began a conversation with the student so I joined in. I asked the student, who obviously had an intellectual impairment, whether he had passed the course. "Yes", he said, I got a credit" "Well done" I replied, "I failed, 34%."(34% seems to be the magic number. I also failed International Relations 34%)
The TTP teacher asked how that was possible so I told him that I had passed the exam, attended and contributed to all of the tutes, but I'd written my essay about the Women's Electoral Lobby and through my research discovered that even though WEL claimed credit for Equal Pay for Equal Work the law had been established several years before WEL began. Quote from my essay: (women workers were granted equal pay in 1969 by Moira Scollay Acting Sex Discrimination Officer")
A quote from my essay, "In
the 1992 Proudfoot case Sir Ronald Wilson ruled that women's health centres are discriminatory but are not
unlawful because they "help relieve continuing disadvantage" which
women suffer. "Notwithstanding the mortality and morbidity
statistics, women are significantly disadvantaged in their personal well-being
and hence in their health. Their situation warrants special measures."
The
anti-discrimination legislation (requiring equality) had to be redrawn to acknowledge the existence of gender inequality. "Until it's changed, sex discrimination
legislation is in danger of being used to attack the logical rights and
services hard won by women," had warned Angela Matheson in Green
Left Weekly. Women had become legally More Equal Than Equal.
I'd even written an extra essay as directed but still failed. The lecturer told me to my face that she hadn't even read it.
![]() |
| Buddha beneath the Bodhi tree. |

0 Comments